ERTC Ts and Cs
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We hope that you will book and enjoy tree climbing with us. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read the terms and conditions of booking below.
- Course participants must be over 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult and agreed with Goodleaf Tree Climbing.
- Course participants must have a good standard of general fitness. Goodleaf Tree Climbing cannot be held responsible for any losses incurred as a result of failure of clients to disclose medical conditions.
- The course price includes your tuition and supervision, equipment hire, welcome pack, Lantra registration, tea coffee and flapjack, assessment and certificate on passing the assessment. Lunch, accommodation and transport costs are not included.
Bookings and payment:
- Booking will be confirmed on receipt of a booking form signed by the client with full payment (if course begins within 6 weeks), or a deposit of £100.
- All payments must be cleared before booking is confirmed, and the course must be paid for in full 6 weeks prior to the start date of the course.
- Goodleaf Tree Climbing reserves the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
- A contract is entered into with the person who is attending the course upon confirmation of the booking, this booking is non transferable and charges will apply as outlined below if cancelled. Courses may not be re-sold or transferred to others in any manner.
Cancellation by Goodleaf Tree Climbing:
- While Goodleaf Tree Climbing will make every effort to run the courses as scheduled there may be circumstances (e.g. extreme weather conditions) when we are forced to cancel a course. In these circumstances, a full refund (minus Lantra registration fee) will be given, or an alternative date will be offered.
- In the very rare instance that it may be necessary, Goodleaf Tree Climbing reserve the right to cancel the activity where conditions prevent safe participation or where insufficient bookings or participant cancellation make the activity unworkable.
Cancellation by client:
- The £100 deposit is non-refundable.
- If the client does not pay the balance of the course fee within 6 weeks of the start date of the course, Goodleaf Tree Climbing will consider the client to have cancelled.
- If the client cancels less than six weeks before the start of the course then 100% of the course fee will be forfeited.
- The client acknowledges that such cancellation charges are reasonable due the need of Goodleaf Tree Climbing to make substantial preparations in advance.
- Clients are responsible for bringing suitable clothing as detailed in the welcome pack which will be sent to all clients prior to the course.
- Clients are responsible for any equipment issued to them during the course, and will be liable for loss or breakage. All equipment must be handed back in the same condition it was issued in.
Failure to comply with the above may result in removal from the course, without refund, and Goodleaf Tree Climbing will not be liable for any subsequent losses.
Behaviour and property:
- No person should be under the influence of alcohol before or during tree climbing. If a person is found to be under the influence of alcohol it will be the instructor’s discretion whether this person will be able to take part. No monies will be refunded if the person does not take part.
- Goodleaf Tree Climbing does not guarantee the security of any property brought to a tree climbing session and no responsibility will be taken for loss or damage. Property belonging to the customer is at all times the responsibility of the participants.
Insurance and liability:
- Goodleaf Tree Climbing has £10,000,000 Employers Liability Insurance and £5,000,000 of Public Liability Insurance with a reputable Outdoors Activities insurer; a copy of the Insurance Certificate can be provided on request.
- The courses take place in a variety of habitats, and the client acknowledges that these environments are never completely hazard free. While Goodleaf Tree Climbing makes every effort to minimise risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses that are not a result of negligence on the part of Goodleaf Tree Climbing, or for any accidents or losses which are due to client’s failure to follow the instructions of the Instructors.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they at arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to join the course.
- Therefore Goodleaf Tree Climbing recommends that clients consider taking out their own personal insurance if they require it.
Any complaints should be directed in the first instance to the Instructors during the course, so that the issues can be resolved at the time. Any complaints that arise after the end of the course must be put in writing to Goodleaf Tree Climbing within 28 days of the end of the course. Goodleaf Tree Climbing will not be liable for in respect of any complaints received after this time.