Covid-19 safety at Goodleaf
Please watch this video and then read all the information below before you book a climb with us. If you’d like to talk to us about anything, please give us a call on 0333 800 1188.
- If you have coronavirus symptoms, do not book tree climbing.
- Pre-book online or by phone.
- No cash payments accepted.
- Check our website, Facebook and Instagram for updates.
- Please limit the number of spectators if possible.
- Gloves. We advise climbing without gloves. If you want to use gloves, please bring your own. We also have some you can buy when you book or at the tree.
- If you have any questions about whether tree climbing is for you, please contact us to discuss. This year is different for everyone.
- Please note, we are operating with less staff than usual, and it may take us slightly longer to get back to you.
- Please talk to your children in advance and help them observe our guidelines.
- If you arrive early for your climb, please stay outside of the bunting and maintain social distancing.
- Maintain at least 2 m social distancing wherever possible.
- Spectators must sit outside of the bunting once we start climbing.
- Only 1 spectator allowed into the bunting area for the health and safety briefing.
- Climber safety. On occasion Goodleaf staff will get closer than 2 m.
This will be:
1. When we clip climbers into their gear
2. Possibly when climbers are putting on their gear
3. When adjusting a harness when a climber first starts climbing
4. Any other issue where the safety of a climber necessitates it
- When hand sanitiser is required, you must use Goodleaf’s hand sanitiser.
- Climbers must sanitise their hands when they first arrive and when they leave.
- If you are a spectator signing a consent form for a minor, you must sanitise before and after signing.
- Climbers to avoid touching their face whilst climbing
- There are other times climbers will be required to hand sanitise during the climb. Goodleaf’s instructors will let climbers know when to do this.
- We’re operating entirely outdoors. We have decided that staff and climbers will not be required to wear face coverings.
- We ask all our climbers and spectators to uphold the highest possible hygiene standards when they are with us.
- Goodleaf staff will check their temperatures daily.
- We’re using natural UV light to break down any virus on our equipment.
- We have increased the time between climbs.
- Please be patient and understanding. Things will probably take a little longer.
- Please bring your own seating if you want to. There will be no picnic blanket for climbers and no tree top hammock.
- Bring your own drinks, we are unable to provide them this year.
- There will be flapjack, distributed in a socially distanced way!
- You will be unable to use your phones/cameras within the bunting area. This includes when you’re climbing.
- Sadly there is no fund raising vertical marathon in 2020.
- The Goodleaf shop on site shop is closed, but you can buy t shirts online.
- Please avoid unnecessary shouting when you’re with us.
If you’d like to find out more, here is our Covid 19 risk assessment 2020.