Tree Climbing – Isle of Wight school trips
An adventurous learning experience for your class
We offer an adventurous activity for Isle of Wight school trips – with a difference. Our sessions are delivered by mature instructors who encourage independent learning, foster a sense of self belief and teach responsible risk management in a fun and safe environment.
At the moment we are unable to take large groups tree climbing, but we hope this will change in the near future. We’re very happy to chat about what we offer for schools.
Our tree climbing offer:
We tailor each climb to meet the needs of the individual school group, here’s what we can offer:
- Discounted rates for schools groups
- Tree climbing with up to 12 climbers accessing the canopy at a time
- Other activities including orienteering and use of outdoor games and beach gear
- Excellent range of educational resources developed with Education Destination
- Free entry for all climbers into the Goodleaf Vertical Marathon
- Free tea and coffee for all staff
- Parking for mini buses & coaches
- Easy access to a sandy beach and safe swimming waters
- Toilets, cold water showers and fresh running water
- Masses of green space for picnics
- ‘Base camp’ gazebo for bags
Our stunning location in Appley Park, Ryde, Isle of Wight is easily accessible for groups of all sizes. The climbing tree is in a peaceful park bordered by trees and a long sandy beach. We’re only 5 minutes from Ryde town centre with other attractions, Wightlink ferry and hovercraft ports within easy reach. If you’re travelling from Southampton to East Cowes, on Red Funnel we’re about a 30 minute drive away.
In 2016 Great Easton Primary School joined us for the 5th year in a row, here’s what they said:
There’s some great educational visit specialists on the Isle of Wight, and we’re proud to work with them:
Education Destination is a new initiative to make it simple and easy for teachers to arrange school trips to the Isle of Wight. We’re proud to be a part of The Island Classroom with Education Destination.
The Isle of Wight Experience
Isle of Wight Experience offers a wealth of knowledge when arranging educational visits to the Isle of Wight.
23 years of experience allows them to create a bespoke itinerary for each individual school that travels with them.
They can arrange educational, fun and team building activities for all age groups.
East Dene is an activity centre owned by Allnatt Outdoors, leaders in the provision of excellent outdoor learning.
East Dene is in Bonchurch and we run tree climbing on site in their private woodland.
Read their brochure: