Tree Climbing – Isle of Wight school trips
An adventurous learning experience for your class
We offer an adventurous activity for Isle of Wight school trips – with a difference. Our sessions are delivered by mature instructors who encourage independent learning, foster a sense of self belief and teach responsible risk management in a fun and safe environment.
We are now taking bookings for the 2021 season and beyond.
We’re very happy to chat about what we offer for schools.
Our tree climbing offer:
We tailor each climb to meet the needs of the individual school group, here’s what we can offer:
- Discounted rates for schools groups
- Tree climbing with up to 12 climbers accessing the canopy at a time
- Other activities including orienteering and use of outdoor games and beach gear
- Excellent range of educational resources developed with Education Destination
- Free entry for all climbers into the Goodleaf Vertical Marathon
- Free tea and coffee for all staff
- Parking for mini buses & coaches
- Easy access to a sandy beach and safe swimming waters
- Toilets, cold water showers and fresh running water
- Masses of green space for picnics
- ‘Base camp’ gazebo for bags
Our stunning location in Appley Park, Ryde, Isle of Wight is easily accessible for groups of all sizes. The climbing tree is in a peaceful park bordered by trees and a long sandy beach. We’re only 5 minutes from Ryde town centre with other attractions, Wightlink ferry and hovercraft ports within easy reach. If you’re travelling from Southampton to East Cowes, on Red Funnel we’re about a 30 minute drive away.
In 2016 Great Easton Primary School joined us for the 5th year in a row, here’s what they said:
There’s some great educational visit specialists on the Isle of Wight, and we’re proud to work with them:
Education Destination is a new initiative to make it simple and easy for teachers to arrange school trips to the Isle of Wight. We’re proud to be a part of The Island Classroom with Education Destination.
The Isle of Wight Experience
Isle of Wight Experience offers a wealth of knowledge when arranging educational visits to the Isle of Wight.
23 years of experience allows them to create a bespoke itinerary for each individual school that travels with them.
They can arrange educational, fun and team building activities for all age groups.